If you have a business page on Facebook, how can you get more “likes” for the page? Every person who “likes” your page sees a (small) portion of your updates and is reminded of your business and your message, so it’s an important communications tool. You can generate more “likes” with a few simple steps.
Steps to Generate More Likes on Facebook
- If you’ve just created your page, the most important thing to do is to go through your entire Facebook friends list and invite all your friends and family members to ‘like’ your business page.
- Post content that is helpful or especially interesting to your ideal or target customers/followers.
- Occasionally encourage your current followers to share your posts. This shouldn’t be a regular request, but it can be very helpful if the right post is shared with friends of your friends.
- Every once in a while, post something a little out of character and see what kinds of reactions you get. The point is not whether the reaction is positive or negative, but that you get a reaction at all. If you don’t, then it’s an indication that even your current followers are not really paying attention.
- Work with a company or consultant who has experience with generating social interest for businesses. These experts can help you select what to post, what the best verbiage would be and the ideal timing.
- Run a contest that encourages people to “like” your page, or simply get them to the page so they “Like” it on their own. (See Facebook’s page guidelines and this Facebook Contests Help page, or even the nice infographic in this article to make sure you keep contests on the up-and-up.)
- Offer exclusive deals through your Facebook page
- Use Facebook in tandem with Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest to appeal to crossover followers.
Following these simple steps should help most businesses to get more likes for their page, reaching more customers (and potential customers) each time they post an update to the page.